Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Disappointing Blow Dryer



Illustration of Blow Dryer

When a book is put together, there sometimes tends to be a few mistakes and other things that are overlooked. One of those mistakes in Watercolor 365 was a mix up with one of my favorite illustrations. Instead of the above illustration of the blow dryer being put in, just the photo made an appearance. 
Did I mention that this was one of may favorite illustrations? I believe I have. So it was a disappointment to discover that it was not in the final book. These things happen though and maybe my blow dryer was just meant for big and better things in the future.
 My favorite part of the whole painting was the shadow. I tried to make it much more interesting than the shadow in the original photo. 

Here is the painted version:


And of course the photo that appears in the book:


5 comments:

  1. Yea, that is nice, I see why its your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim. Too bad it didn't make it into the book but hopefully it will be in the revised version.

      Delete
  2. you did a great job with the highlights and its a rich purple/blue (burple ?) colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! As you can probably tell, purple is one of my favorite colors to paint.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete