Tuesday, November 26, 2019

November Sunset


November Sunset
10x22"

    I am currently writing this from Moses Lake, Washington.  I have this wonderful opportunity to be able to explore and paint the Columbia Wildlife Refuge and surrounding areas, which is just outside of Moses Lake. The sunsets here are stunning and adds color to an otherwise bleak landscape. By the looks of it, you would never know that there is so much wildlife in the area. It is mostly miles and miles of sagebrush. However, there are also thousands of birds and apparently there is a Sandhill Crane festival in the spring. Something to look forward to. 

    I use to paint on a daily basis and got out of the habit recently with all the changes that have been happening and with my focus being on my online course. To warm up my painting muscles, I decided to do a quick study of one of the area's stunning sunsets. While watching and photographing the sky, I noticed a few mule deer sneaking past me and got some in the shot. Couldn't resist adding her to the painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment